In the twenty years I have been drumming and dancing, I have been priviledged to work with many great drummers and dancers from Africa and the United States. I truly enjoy sharing what I have learned and helping others to expand their knowledge, skills and enjoyment. My workshops focus strongly on traditional djembe and dun-dun rhythms form Guinea and Mali, combining these melodies with shakers and bells.
My passion springs from my training and foundations in West African drumming traditions.
I can come and share this passion and these skills with you and your group.
- learning techniques for getting the most from your drum
- learning melodies and rhythms on the drums
- layering these rhythms together
- adding traditional songs and dances
- learning both to drum for and be led by dancers